You’re thinking about using video marketing? That’s a great idea.
Concerned you might get stuck for video ideas?
This blog post will help:
Video marketing, like blogging, relies on using different kinds of videos- just like you’d write and develop different kinds of blog posts- so your audience gets excited about your information and looks forward to what you’ll release next.
I’ve pulled together some of my best ideas for the twelve types of video marketing to keep your audience interested:
1. Expert Interviews – You can use video to capture interviews you conduct with experts in your field. Don’t be scared to ask people to let you interview them. Many times, these experts will be happy to be interviewed- and your audience will enjoy learning from these influencers.
2. Demonstration Videos – If you want to show someone how to do something, video can’t be beat. It doesn’t matter if it’s technical or cooking, or something else entirely; if you can show how to do it on video, there will be someone who wants to see it.
3. Talking Head Videos – This is actually the most common form of video and you should do some of these, because people want to see your face and get to know you. Looking them in the eye and feeling as if you are talking directly to them is an approach that can build your visibility and rapport with your audience.
4. Live Events – You can record live events such as Google Hangouts and allow people to ask questions of you live. Then you can post them later as videos. Not only will you get viewers live, but you’ll also get viewers later when you post the recording.
5. Slide Shows with Voice-Over – Another type of video that works well is to create a slide show of images, or using PowerPoint and a voice-over explaining what the viewer is looking at.
6. How To Videos – A great way to start doing videos is to tell people how to do something. [This is a super way to reuse some of your former blog posts that might say how to do something, too!]
7. Video Tips Series – Another really cool thing to do with videos is to make a list of 10 tips, or 8 tips, and go through them really fast. You can then expand by making each tip one longer video in a series.
8. Sales Videos – These types of videos don’t go on YouTube but instead are made for landing pages and sales pages. They are also sometimes longer than other types of videos and use all the same trigger words, terms, and ideas that a written sales page uses.
9. Book Tour Video – If you’ve published a book, you can go through and show people what they’re getting when they purchase your book. This can also work with talking about a membership website, a course, or something else that needs some explanation.
10. Testimonial Videos – Nothing is better than a testimonial video. Asking your customers to provide a testimonial video can be scary, but once you start getting them it brings each testimonial to life in a new way.
11. Review Videos – You can make review videos on products, websites, tools and more that will get a lot of views on and off your website. People want to know what you think, and it’s important to let them know.
12. Explainer Videos – You’ve seen these videos with the hand drawing while a voice-over takes place, explaining stats, data, and more? These are very popular and an excellent way to get more viewers and explain difficult concepts.
These types of videos are the types you should consider adding to your video marketing mix. Having a variety of different types of videos will keep your viewers interested and build your audience faster.