Starting a blog for your business, no matter what type of business you have, is one of the best things you can do to get started marketing your business. Blogging adds relevant and interesting content to your website and helps bring more visitors to your site. It also helps show your expertise so that your audience trusts you, and due to that they’ll be more likely to make a purchase from you – whether that requires they go to your brick and mortar store or click “Buy Now” on your website.
- You Get to Share Your Knowledge and Passion – When you blog, it can be a little less formal than an article. This means that you can share in a more personal way your knowledge and your passion for your topic.
- You Build a Content Catalog – When you create any type of content, don’t think of it as a one-off situation. A blog post can become part of a vast catalog of content that you can repurpose and reuse in other formats and in other ways. For instance, a “how to” blog post can be built out into a course.
- Blogging Is a Key Component in SEO – When you want people to find your website, you want search engines to send those people to you. It’s much easier to do if you’re publishing regular and relevant content, using the keywords that your audience will use to find your information from a search engine.
- Helps Build Relationships with Customers – Blogs can also serve to build relationships with your customers. You can teach them, engage them, and inform them about everything to do with your niche that relates to them, in an open and friendly way.
- Introduces You to Your Audience – When you blog in a way that shows your personality, by blogging and writing how you talk, you will introduce yourself to your audience in a way that humanizes you to them. They will come to know you and look forward to your posts.
- Spreads Brand Awareness – Regularly posting will also help spread brand awareness for your products and services. Even if your product or service is your entertaining blog, the more you post, the more people will find you.
- Each Blog Is a Sharing Opportunity – When you post a new blog, always promote it as if it’s your most valuable product now. Encourage others to share too. The more you post, the more opportunities you offer others to share your information.
- Create a New Income Stream – No matter what your niche is, blogging enables you to create an entirely new income stream. You can make money off your blog on your own products, but also by promoting others. For example, anytime you mention a product, service, or resource you use, you can promote it by joining their affiliate program.
- Become an Authority in Your Niche – When you post, you can show your expertise by writing blog posts that show what you know. Plus, if you answer any questions that show up on the blog posts, it can help you even more. The more you do it, the more likely you are to become known as an authority.
Blogging for business has been an effective part of content marketing for a long time now. If you don’t have a blog on your website yet, you’re missing out on a traffic generator that can bring attention to your website, enable you to make more money, and connect with your audience on a whole new level.
Do you have some questions about marketing your business online but don’t know who to ask? Why not ask me? I can help you with both strategy and implementation to make your business more profitable and more popular. We can do this together in 75 minutes; though my whiteboard session. Learn more about it!