If you really want to be successful with your blog, you need to develop your blog marketing strategy. Let’s go over the ways in which you can get the word out about your blog and how to set up the strategy.
- Set Your Goals – Remember that you need to set goals first. For example, if you want to increase your viewership by 1000 views a day in 90 days, that’s a good goal to have. But, you need to add to that goal how you’ll do it. For example, “I’ll increase my views by 1000 views a day within 90 days through paid advertisements, publishing relevant blogs daily during those 90 days, and sharing them with my email list and social media connections.”
- Understand your Audience – If you don’t know who your audience is, it will be difficult to create the right content, know what solutions to market to them, and how to get in front of your audience. Take the time to study your audience, and create an audience persona (or a few) so that you know who you’re creating something for.
- Determine Topic Ideas – Once you’re ready with that information, start writing down topic ideas. It may help to stick to five or fewer categories in which the content will live. That way you can keep the blog narrow and not branch out too widely, keeping the interest of your ideal audience member.
- Develop a Content Calendar – Now that you have topic ideas, you’ll want to develop a content calendar so that when you’re ready, you can just look at the calendar and create it. You don’t want to be brainstorming when you’re ready to write, or when you’re sending your ideas to your writer, or when you’re searching for PLR.
- Set Up a Promotion Process – You don’t want to skip anything, so create a checklist of each thing you need to do to promote each blog post that you publish. For example: email list, social media, groups, ads, and so forth.
- Be Curious – If you are curious about your niche and audience, you’re going to be much more interested in learning about your topic and your audience. This means that creating content (or content ideas for someone else to create) is going to be a lot easier for you.
- Be Persistent – Don’t give up. Blogging for business is part of a long-term customer acquisition process. It’s not going to happen overnight. Some people have to blog consistently for a year before they really start noticing, but if you’ve chosen a niche with an audience and you’re targeting them properly, it will happen. Don’t give up.
- Understand the Various Marketing Channels – If you don’t know about all the various marketing channels available to you and that relate to your niche (such as all the social networks you should be on, email marketing, advertising opportunities, live events, and so forth), you may have a hard time getting the word out. Research your opportunities.
Writing down your plans and setting up a system and process will ensure that this will get done. For example, know that when you publish a blog post, you’re also going to send out an email about the blog post along with sharing it with all your social media platforms. Do this every single time along with a good internal linking plan, and you will eventually be successful.
Do you have some questions about marketing your business online but don’t know who to ask? Why not ask me? I can help you with both strategy and implementation to make your business more profitable and more popular. We can do this together in 75 minutes; though my whiteboard session. Learn more about it!