Creating an effective PPC campaign is an important part of doing business today, both online and offline. It doesn’t matter if your business is bricks and mortar or solely online; everyone needs to learn how to market their business on the internet, to the best of their capability. Today, that involves using PPC campaigns. A PPC campaign is a pay-per-click campaign that you can do via many different services, from Google AdWords to Facebook.
Here are 7 tips for improving your PPC campaigns:
1. Research It – Always research your industry so that you’re in the know about new trends, movers and shakers, and potentially important impacts on your industry. This can affect keywords, searching habits and more. Without this data, you might target concepts that are nothing more than a passing fad- with equally temporary results.
2. Refine It – Always seek to improve your PPC campaigns based on the information you discover in reports and in the industry in general. You can always make it better. That’s what’s so great about online marketing. You can improve and change things on the fly- which makes online advertising so much easier and efficient than advertising in a printed newspaper or magazine. Today, your ads can be improved at any time.
3. Track It – Always keep track of each PPC campaign that you conduct. Don’t just rely on the money in the bank method. If you do that you won’t really know if what you’ve done is working, or if it was just dumb luck. Instead, seek to know whether or not what you are doing has an impact on your ROI. Any good PPC platform should provide you tools for tracking the success of your marketing campaigns.
4. Study It – Dig deeper into each aspect of your PPC campaign. Know where clicks are coming from and why. There is no need to guess. That’s what’s wonderful about online marketing. Everything can be measured and due to that, anything can be studied and you can figure out what makes it better, worse, or creates no change. In PPC advertising, more data- and intelligent analysis of that data- is always better.
5. Combine It – PPC ads are great, but don’t loosen up on organic search. Organic search combined with PPC is a winning combination that can help you improve your return on investment tremendously. Plus, your website is most likely to be returned higher in search results with a combined effort.
6. Optimize It – As you learn about PPC and keyword matching types, as well as other ways that you can optimize the search potential of any phrase, keyword, or issue, you will be able to create even better returns on investment.
7. Increase It – If a small budget is giving you a good return on investment, it just goes to show that a larger budget will also give you a good return on investment when used on previously tested ad campaigns. For example, you might have a 5 percent return rate now; even if that stays at 5 percent, increasing your budget will increase your income.
And there you have it- 7 tips to improve the outcomes of your next PPC marketing campaign. Use all 7 of these tips for your best marketing results.