2018 content marketing trends. Content makes the internet run- and has for some years now. There will be some changes in 2018 that you’ll want to know about:
Good Writing Needs to Become Great Writing
Put your target audience at the center of everything you do, and create the kind of written content they really need. Use it as the context to sell your related products and services. Learn how to use storytelling in your content marketing; it will increase the likelihood of your message being heard.
Branch Out to Other Forms of Content
There has been a huge upsurge of video content marketing in the past year, and this trend will continue to grow. But content on your blog or site will be about more than just written content or video. Other types of content to add include:
* Audio files and audio books
* Presentations such as PowerPoint
* And more
Secure Site Protocol (https://)
Google has eliminated many sites from their search engine that are not https://, so if you have not already made the change, it’s time to talk to you hosting service about buying a certificate and making sure everything is set up correctly. Read my article, What is SSL if you need more information.
An Integrated Approach to Content Marketing
Most businesses use the following to market themselves:
* Social media
* EBooks/white papers/special reports
The trick is to integrate and cross-promote as much as you can.
For example, imagine you’ve created a free eBook as an incentive to get people to subscribe to your email marketing list. Announce it on social media, put an opt-in page at your blog, and publish articles about the topic with a sign-up form on the bottom of the page.
Create a video about the topic with a link to the opt-in page and a host a webinar about the topic, also leading to that page so attendees can get a free gift just for showing up. Promote the video, such as on YouTube, using their share button for Google+, Twitter and so on.
Embed the video at your site. Use your webinar for promotional material, such as an evergreen webinar embedded on a page so people can learn more about your business, with a sign-up form underneath. All of this will take time, but it helps you make the most of every piece of content you create, and every product you wish to sell.
Promotional Content Needs to Stand Out
With millions on Facebook and the other social networks every day, it can be hard to stand out from the crowd. But there are some general rules to follow when creating memes, infographics and other items to post.
* Brand them – Add your logo and URL to the bottom of each meme or infographic you create.
* Stick to the same formats, color schemes and styles – Consider every promotional post you create as an extension of your brand.
* Social media ads – If you have a small budget, consider using social network advertising such as on Facebook and Instagram (now merged), Twitter and Pinterest. You can select a much more highly targeted audience than with the Google AdWords system. You can create these from scratch, or promote existing posts. Be sure each piece of content you create has a clear call to action.
* Check your analytics to see which posts are performing the best. Turn them into ads.
These trends are ones you can use in your 2018 content marketing for better results.
Do you have some questions about marketing your business online but don’t know who to ask? Why not ask me? I can help you with both strategy and implementation to make your business more profitable and more popular. We can do this together in 75 minutes; though my whiteboard session. Learn more about it!